What Is Success?
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived;
This is to have succeeded.
| April 2017
| March 2017
A True Man
”A (true) man is one who sits and rises among others, sleeps and eats, and interacts with others in the bazaar, buying and selling, who mixes with people, yet for one moment is not forgetful of God in his heart.
Abu Said b. Abil-Khayr; Muhammad Ibn Munawwar, Asrar-i tawhid, vol. 1, p. 199
| February 2017
Motivational Verses from the Quran
Is there any reward for good other than good? Quran 55:60
No disaster strikes except by permission of Allah . And whoever believes in Allah – He will guide his heart. And Allah is Knowing of all things. Quran 64:11
Say, (O Muhammad, to mankind): If ye love Allah, follow me; Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. Quran 3:31
… And whoever holds firmly to Allah has [indeed] been guided to a straight path. Quran 3:101
Say, He is Allah, [who is] One, Allah , the Eternal Refuge. Quran 112:1-2
And We have not sent you (O Muhammad SAW) except as a giver of glad tidings and a warner to all mankind, but most of men know not. Quran 34:28
| January 2017
The Wise Man
People have been coming to the wise man, complaining about the same problems every time. One day he told them a joke and everyone roared in laughter.
After a couple of minutes, he told them the same joke and only a few of them smiled.
When he told the same joke for the third time no one laughed anymore.
The wise man smiled and said:
“YOU CAN’T LAUGH AT THE SAME JOKE OVER AND OVER. SO WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS CRYING ABOUT THE SAME PROBLEM?”
Moral of the story: Worrying won’t solve your problems, it’ll just waste your time and energy.
| December 2016
Soar Like an Eagle
Did you know that an eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks?
The eagle will fly to some high spot and wait for the winds to come.
When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it above the storm. While the storm rages below, the eagle is soaring above it.
The eagle does not escape the storm. It simply uses the storm to lift it higher. It rises on the winds that bring the storm.
When the storms of life come upon us, like the eagle, we can rise above them and ride the winds of the storm that bring sickness, tragedy, failure, and disappointment into our lives.
What is your greatest challenge right now? Jot it down. And then let it lift you higher.
| November 2016
Pearls of Wisdom
- There is a big difference between having a good time, and having time to be good.
- A truth told with bad intent, beats all the lies you can invent.
- Friendship is a living thing that lasts as long as it is nourished with kindness,
sympathy, and understanding.
- True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in the worth and choice.
- Discussion is an exchange of knowledge. Argument is an exchange of ignorance.
- Tell your child to lie for you, and your child will learn to lie to you.
| October 2016
Burning Desire is the Secret to Success
A young man asked Socrates the secret to success. Socrates told the young man to meet him near the river the next morning. They met. Socrates asked the young man to walk with him towards the river. When the water got up to their neck, Socrates took the young man by surprise and ducked him into the water. The boy struggled to get out but Socrates was strong and kept him there until the boy started turning blue. Socrates pulled his head out of the water and the first thing the young man did was to gasp and take a deep breath of air. Socrates asked, ‘What did you want the most when you were there?” The boy replied, “Air.” Socrates said, “That is the secret to success. When you want success as badly as you wanted the air, then you will get it.” There is no other secret.
| September 2016
A Mother’s Love
There are times only when a Mother’s love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappointments
And calm all our fears.
There are times when only a Mother’s Love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we’ve dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.
There are times when only a Mother’s faith
Can help on life’s way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.
For a Mother’s heart and a Mother’s faith
And a Mother’s steadfast love
Were fashioned by the Angels
And sent from God above…
| August 2016
Praising Allah: the Power of “SubhanAllah wa bihamdihi”
There are many hadith of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) about the power of this phrase,“SubhanAllah wa bihamdihi“, which means, “Glory to Allah and praise Him.”
1. Whoever says “SubhanAllah wa bihamdihi” a hundred times during the day, his sins are wiped away, even if they are like the foam of the sea.
2. Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet (sws) said, “Shall I tell you the words that Allah loves the most?” I said: “Yes, tell me, O Messenger of Allah.” He said: “The words dearest to Allah are: subhanAllah wa bihamdihi.
3. A palm tree is planted for the reciter [of the above] in Paradise.
4. The Prophet Muhammad (sws) said: “Two words (subhanAllah wa bihamdihi) are light on the tongue, weigh heavily in the balance, and are loved by the Most Merciful One.”
| June 2016
Words Of Wisdom
- “A Muslim who plants a tree or sows a field, from which man, birds and animals can eat, is committing an act of charity.” (Muslim)
- “There is a polish for everything that takes away rust; and the polish for the heart is the remembrance of Allah.” (Bukhari)
- “What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured.” (Bukhari)
- “The most excellent Jihad is that for the conquest of self.” (Bukhari)
- “If you put your whole trust in Allah, as you ought, He most certainly will satisfy your needs, as He satisfies those of the birds. They come out hungry in the morning, but return full to their nests.” (Tirmidhi)
| May 2016
Blessings of SubhanAllah, Alhamdulillah, Allahuakbar
The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said,
“There are some words, the reciters of which will never be disappointed.
These are: Tasbih [saying Subhan-Allah (Allah is free from imperfection)] 33 times,
Tahmid [saying Al-hamdu lillah (praise be to Allah)] 33 times
and Takbir [saying Allahu Akbar (Allah is Greatest)] 34 times;
and these should be recited after every Fardh salaah.” [Muslim]
“So bear with patience all that they say, and glorify the Praises of your Lord, before the rising of the sun and before (its) setting (i.e. the Fajr,Zuhr, and ‘Asr prayers). And during a part of the night (also), glorify His praises (i.e. Maghrib and ‘Isha prayers), and after the prayers[As-Sunnah, Nawafil optional and additional prayers, and also glorify, praise and magnify Allah – Subhan Allah, Alhamdu lillah, Allahu-Akbar].”
The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said,
“Shall I not teach you something with which you may overtake those who surpassed you and with which you will surpass those who will come after you?
None will excel you unless he who does which you do.”
They said: “Yes, please do, O Messenger of Allah”
He (SAW) said, “You should recite: Tasbih (SubhanAllah), Takbir (Allahahuakbar), Tahmid (Alhamdulillah) 33 times after each Salat.”[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
Blessings of Bismillah
- Recite before every action and Allah will put goodness in that action.
- Recite at times of hardship and things will inshaAllah ease for you.
- Recite before entering and leaving your house and Allah will protect it.
- Recite 21 times before going to sleep and Allah will protect you from sudden heart
attacks and strokes.
- Recite 11 times will cooking and the food will have barakah (blessings).
The Power of Istighfar – Astaghfirullah (I seek forgiveness of Allah)
People often forget the importance of the simple yet powerful dua (supplication) – Istighfar i.e., saying “Astaghfirullah” (I seek forgiveness of Allah). Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) recited this at least 100 times a day. Let us see the benefits and virtues of reciting this simple beautiful supplication insha Allah.
- Istighfar (Astaghfirullah) is the gateway of relief and happiness. Whenever you are in distress start reciting it and Insha Allah it will take you out of your anxiety and will put you in a peaceful situation and will give you happiness.
- Istighfar removes anxiety and duas are answered.
- Istighfar opens the door of sustenance.
- Istighfar opens the door of mercy.
- Istighfar opens the door of knowledge.
- Istighfar is also gateway of productivity.
- Istighfar relieves you. When you feel that sadness within you, when you are disturbed and frustrated, when anxiety surrounds you, say “Astaghfirullah” “Astaghfirullah”…
- Reciting Astaghfiruallah is an effective method of calming our self and wipes away the variety of worldly worries from our mind and body. It may also help us, if we are suffering from depression, it calm us and lessen our depression.
- Astaghfirullah also helps us to refrain from all forms of sins. Regularly saying this reminds us that Allah is everywhere and in this way there is very small chances of doing wrongful actions.
- Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,
“If anyone constantly seeks pardon (from Allah), Allah will appoint for him a way out of every distress and a relief from every anxiety, and will provide sustenance for him from where he expects not.” [Abu Dawud].
O Allah the Greatest!
O The King of the Universe.
O The One who provides Sustenance (Rizq).
O The One who decides Life and Death.
O The Master of Heavens and Earth.
O The Master of the Mountains and Oceans.
O The Only One whom Humans and Jinns worship.
O The Master of the Throne (Arsh).
O The giver of Respect and Humiliation.
O The healer of all Sicknesses.
O The King of Kings.
Please, Please Forgive us.
We beg you to forgive all our sins.
The ones we know about and the onknown ones.
We are drowning in the sea of our grave mistakes.
Give us a life which will please You.
Give us Halal sustenance.
A love for worshipping you.
Remove sll our worries, hardships and misfortunes.
O Magnificent Allah!
Accept all our Duas by Your Unlimited Rehmat.
Ameen, Ya Rabul Alameen.